Monday 17 February 2014

Big boned

Good day Teaspoons,

I was wondering if you are like me and sometimes get mad when people try to tell you you're chubby/fat or even skinny (for my leaner friends out there) in a "friendly" way.  They'll say stuff like "you must be big boned" or "it must run in your family".  When a person tells me something like that, I show them my very tiny wrist and tell them "no, I'm like that because I ate my way here".  This answer is usually followed by an awkward silence and they usually leave me alone after that.  

When I hear comments like these ones, I feel like all my hard work isn't showing.  This is when I go back to my before picture and make a check list in my head of what has changed since the beginning of this journey. My favourite item to check off is how the way I feel about myself has change.  I now feel like I'm in charge of my own life and my weight won't dictate what I can and can not do anymore.  I'm more positive about the future and feel better in my own skin.  There's still going to be some ups and downs in this life long journey but comments like these just remind me of how I was feeling before compare to how I'm feeling now and give me the push I need to continue.  I've now decided to welcome these kinds of comments, even if I feel like people are putting emphasis on my weight, because they help me remind myself of how far I've come and how much I have to keep working at it.

Point plus target: 28 pts (NEW)
Breakfast:
1 banana : 0 pt
1/2 cup of skim milk: 1 pts
Lightly sweetened oats: 3 pts

Lunch:
WW bread (2 slices): 2 pts
Fat free cheese slice: 1 pt
Soup (Campbell's, 1 cup): 3 pts
Greek Yogurt (0%): 2 pts

Snack:
Apple: 0 pt
WW bread (1 slice) : 1 pt

Supper:
Chicken Breast (4.5 oz.): 5 pts
Rice (3/4 cup): 4 pts
Veggies: 0 pts

Dessert:
Fat free pudding: 2 pts

Banana muffin: 2 pts

Day's total:  27 pts



1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel. And I hate those comments. I know they do it out of love and to try to make me feel better, however it doesn't hide the facts... But we can do this!

    ReplyDelete