Sunday 2 February 2014

Weekend is Almost Over

Good evening Teaspoons,

Are you like me and you feel like the weekend always passes by too fast?  Hope you still had time to enjoy your family and friends!  I went to watch some volley-ball games at the University again and I manage to stay on track all weekend!  We had a beauty of a weekend here so I went for a walk on Saturday with my (skinny) boyfriend.

Here's the WW chili recipe I made this weekend! Let me know if ever you try it!  I really love this recipe.  Fills you up and it's really yummy on these cold winter nights.

Beef, Bean, and Zucchini Chili

Serves 6.
1 pound extra leans ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 (14 and a half oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 (15 and a half oz.) can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoons cayenne (I use 1 tablespoon but I like it spicy.  I would definitely put more than 1/4 teaspoon though)
1 medium zucchini, halved lenghtwise and sliced
24 baked tortilla chips

1. Combine beef, onion, and garlic.  Cook in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat until meat is browned.

2. Add the tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, broth, bell pepper, chili powder, ground cumin and cayenne.  Bring to boil.  Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minute, partly covered.  Add zucchini during the last 5 minutes of cooking.

1 generous cup per serving with 4 tortilla chips: 6 pts.

Voila!  Hope you enjoy as much as me.

Until tomorrow, keep on tracking my teaspoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment