Monday 3 February 2014

Scream It Off The Top Of Buildings!

Good evening Teaspoons!

How did your day go? Did you keep on track? Only two more days before weight-in.  I did track all week but did not exercise and did not drink a lot of water so we'll have to wait and see what the scale will say.

Are you shy about telling people you're on Weight Watchers?  I use to be. I was scared that if I told people, it would make them realise that I was fat and needed to lose weight.  I know this sounds dumb because they could obviously see that I wasn't at a healthy weight but still, I just could not get around to telling people...until I realise that it was ME who didn't want to acknowledge that I was on a diet, and therefore, not at a healthy weight. It took until one of my prof at university asked us to write a paper about something we were ready to change about ourselves that had bugged us all our lives that I decided to to face on my weight problem and all the troubles I had encounter trough my life because of it: the bullying, feeling different, being scared of going to parties or to school, etc.  I wrote all about it in my paper and gave myself the challenge to lose 30 pounds during that school year... And I did it! Those are the first 30 pounds I lost on WW.  Because we had to talk about our goal every week in class (we were a very tight group of 7 girls in my master degree class so I was quite comfortable to talk to them about it), I became more and more comfortable with the topic.  I soon realise that instead of judging me, my friends now made efforts to help me in my journey.  I wasn't alone anymore and that felt great!  This said, I strongly encourage you to talk about the efforts your making to lose weight to your friends and family.  If they judge you, you might want to ask yourself if you still need them in your life.  If you don't feel like you can talk to it with people close to you, why not talk to me about it? Write in the comment box below as "anonymous"! I won't know who you are but I'm sure going to be happy to listen to you! And who knows, maybe taking about it on here will help you to get the courage you need in order to talk about it with your friends and family.  And trust me, as soon as your going to start shedding pounds, you will WANT to tell people so they can celebrate with you!

Hope this topic will help you on your weight loss journey!
Talk to you tomorrow Teaspoons!


Point plus target: 29 pts
Breakfast:
Lightly sweetened quick oats (Apple cinnamon): 3 pts
1 banana : 0 pt
1/2 cup of skim milk: 1 pts

Snack: 
Apple: 0 pt

Lunch:
WW Bagel: 3 pts
Fat Free Cheese Slice (1): 1 pt
Soup: 1 pts
Greek yogurt (2%): 3 pts

Snack: 
Strawberries: 0 pts

Supper:
Hamburger Helper- Beef Noodles (1 and a half cup prepared): 12 pts

Snack: 
Fat free pudding: 2 pts
Caramilk (one piece): 1 pt
Banana muffin: 2 pts

Day's total: 29 pts

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey! I am so so so so proud of you. It hurt me to read that you felt like that. I always loved your company so much, I can't imagine anyone making you feel inadequate. But then again, we are all in this together, aren't we. I was always afraid to tell people because I was afraid to fail.
    I just want to say that you are a beautiful human being. And I believe that you will succeed at anything that your little heart desires.
    Sending you tons of love and support. And if ever you are feeling along in your struggle, you know where to find me. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the love and support Sarah! You sure have never made me feel like that. But you know, sometimes kids can be quite cruel. I learned and grown alot from it. I'm happy to say that I now have a great circle of friends who support me and love me for who I am. Thanks for being one of them.
      And I know the feeling of being scared to fail. If you put yourself out there, it is, in fact, a risk you are taking. I think that the benefit of taking that risk are greater than not taking it :)
      xo

      Delete