Monday 6 January 2014

Here We Go!

Start of January. How typical to start a diet (and a blog) at this time of year.  I'll agree with you, with all the talks about the new year resolutions we should take, we feel like we HAVE to jump on the band wagon.  I sure felt the pressure to lose weight again this year since Im part of a family who is very health concious and with weight loss always on its mind.  But this year, im doing it for ME!  


Here's a picture of my friend Fannie and I in 2010 (im the one on the right in the first picture).  The second picture is one of her and I a few months ago. We've both come a long way since then thanks to Zumba and Weight Watchers.  I HAD lost almost a 100 pounds (98 pounds to be exact).  "Had" is the key word here.  Since two summers ago, I have seen myself gain more and more weight.  I've gain a total of 30 pounds. Im still quite happy I lost some weight, I feel way more energized than before but I wish I had a picture of myself 30 pounds lighter so you could see for yourself.  All this to say that I am not impress with myself.  But I am not going to make any excuses on here (since I vowed to myself to write the truth, and only the truth).  Im not going to lie, I did enjoy every sip of wine and every bite of chocolate that made me gain this weight again. So basicly, this is why I deceided to start Weight Watchers once more.  It won't be easy but I know it works for me.  And with your help, im sure i'll be able to get to my goal, which is to lose those 30 pounds again! 

So here I am, sitting in my living room with my supportive (skinny) boyfriend helping me start this blog so that I have something to help me trough some of the difficult days that that are sure to come thanks to this roller coaster called weight loss.

Im going to try to post something every day for you guys to read and will write down what I have eaten that day (in case you need some new ideas).  If I come along great recipes, i'll make sure to let you know! Keep on reading and hope my dishing can help you too!

Point plus target: 30
Breakfast:
Weight Watcher (WW) Whole Weat Bread (2): 2 pts
Light Penut Butter (1 T. spoon): 2 pts
1 banana : 0 pt
Home made Café Latte: 2 pts

Snack: 
1 apple: 0 pt

Lunch:
Home made cabbage soup: 1 pt
WW bagle: 3 pts
Cheese Slice (Fat Free): 1 pt
Ham (50g): 1 pt
Greek yogourt (2%): 3 pts

Snack: 
Melon: 0pt

Supper:
Skillet pork chop with onion gravy (WW recipe): 6 pts
Baked potato (5oz.): 3 pts
Cooked brocoli: 0 pts

Snack: 
Fat free pudding: 2 pts
Whole wheat soda crackers (6): 2 pts

Day's total: 29 pts

4 comments:

  1. Any chance to get a link to the cabbage soup recipe? I've never made it and would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted the recipe in today's post! Let me know if you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. Good job AK! The key is doing this for yourself, to feel good about yourself. So proud of you! XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! You are so right. You have to do it for yourself or you won't stick to it! xo

      Delete