Thursday 9 January 2014

Short On Ideas

Good day my Teaspoons!

Today is my 4th day of being back on track and I feel like I'm already out of ideas of lunch to pack and dishes to make for supper.  I remember, my last time around when using WW, that I always kept eating the same thing every day for lunch.  Same thing was happening in the evening: every week, I would see myself serving the same dish on the table.

So today, I decided to pack a lunch that was a little different even if it was based on the same things that I usually pack.  You will see below that instead of my regular WW bagel ham sandwich, I decided to bring a bagel and toast it at work.  I ate it with some laughing cow cheese.  I also had some soup to make sure that I would be filled up enough to pass trough the afternoon.  You will probably thing "well that's not much of a change from her usual".  But hey! It is one step away from my usual sandwich.  Small and steady steps will get me to a lunch packing creative queen!  To get this royal title, I invite you guys to leave some comments on what you pack for your lunch!  That way, I'll have some new ideas to try out.

Here's a picture of me while walking today.  It was mighty cold.  But with a view like the one below you don't even feel like you're working out.  I only burned 2 points walking since I only did it for 30 minutes and had to go at a slow pace because of the doctors orders.



Thanks so much for ready again today.  Can't wait to read (and try) some of your ideas!

Point plus target: 30
Breakfast:
Lightly sweetened quick oats (Apple cinnamon): 3 pts
1/2 cup of skim milk: 1 pts

Snack: 
1 apple: 0 pt

Lunch:
Home made cabbage soup (1 and a half cup): 2 pts
WW bagel: 3 pts
Laughing Cow (2): 1 pt
Greek yogurt (2%): 3 pts

Snack: 
Melon: 0pt
Black coffee: 0 pt

Supper:
Hamburger Helper- Beef Noodles (1 and a half cup prepared): 12 pts

Snack: 
Regular pudding: 3 pts
Whole wheat soda crackers (6): 2 pts
Doritos (4 pieces): 2 pts

Activity points earned: 2 pts
Day's total: 32 pts

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Blog, Keep up the good work....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog! :)
    You could make some sort of wrap - with lots of veggies! I find lunch ideas are pretty limited too since you can only take so much to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Great Idea for the wraps! I'll have to buy some! What do you put in them? And do you have a preference on the kind of wrap?

      Delete
  3. Now that I'm doing my internship I am attempting the "cook once, eat all week" method. I purchased a bunch of grains/pastas (quinoa, couscous, wild & brown rice, fusilli, vermicelli, bow-tie pasta) from the Bulk Barn and plan to cook up a huge pot of it on the weekend. That way I can section them off into containers then add in a vinaigrette of my choosing and whatever veggies/protein I have on hand, but I can also change up the vinaigrette and veggies each day so it doesn't get boring!

    The grains that soak up all the water (couscous, quinoa, rice), I use a veggie or chicken broth- whatever I have on had. It makes a nice background flavour to the vinaigrette.

    ReplyDelete