Wednesday 8 January 2014

Hump Day And Still On Track!

Good day my teaspoons (wanted a name for you guys and decided to call you after one of the smallest tools in the kitchen! Hope you like it!)

Today is hump day! Only 2 more days before the weekend! But who says weekend, often says friends, wine, food and everything else that can sometimes put us off track from the diet path.  I know the weekend can be quite frightful when on a diet.  So here's a few of my tips to survive it.

1) Make a list of things you can do with friend that does NOT revolve around food:
- Walk on the beach
- Ski day (pack a lunch so you won't want to order anything from the pub at the lodge)
- Get together for board games (with trays of veggies and fruits)
- Coffee dates (coffee is zero points! Let's celebrate that by drinking one (or two) with friends)
- Go to the farm market and eat brunch there (Make sure to plan what you are going to eat ahead of time.  I find that it's easier to make better choices before leaving home so you have a clear head before having all the different options in front of your eyes (and nostrils!))
- Have a mani-pedi date with some girlfriends
- Go to a yoga or a zumba class with your friends
- HAVE FUN but just always make sure to plan ahead what you're going to eat and pack a lunch if you need to.

2) Reserve some of your weekly point allowance for the weekend.
You do not have to save them all.  I actually don't really recommend this because it means you are depriving yourself during the week and then you go all out on the weekends.  For example, if you're like me and love wine, keep 21 points from your weekly point allowance so you can drink a bottle of wine during the course of the weekend.  You don't have to drink it all in one sitting.  You can have one or two glasses on Friday night and another one or two glasses on Saturday night.  Cheers!

3) Never stop planning:
It's not because you're off work for the weekend that you shouldn't plan ahead.  If your friend/boyfriend/husband wants to take you out at your favourite breakfast joint on Sunday, don't automatically say "no, I'm on WW".  Instead, take the time to see if you can look up the menu on their website and plan what you are going to eat ahead of time.  I might sound redundant BUT I really truly believe that planning is the key to losing weight.

All this said, I don't think it will be easy to survive my first weekend back on WW.  Luckily, I still have two days to plan it all and make sure I stay on track.

Here's a picture of the chicken I prepared last night and that is cooking in the slow cooker today while I'm at work.  Hope it will be good!  If it is, I might just post the picture on here tomorrow.


Till then, just keep on planning my teaspoons!

Point plus target: 30
Breakfast:
Lightly sweetened quick oats (Apple cinnamon): 3 pts
1/2 cup of skim milk: 1 pts

Snack: 
1 apple: 0 pt

Lunch:
Home made cabbage soup: 1 pt
WW bagel: 3 pts
Cheese Slice (Fat Free): 1 pt
Ham (50g): 1 pt
Greek yogurt (2%): 3 pts

Snack: 
Melon: 0pt
Cafe Latte: 1 pt

Supper:
Chicken (5 oz): 7 pts
Rice (3/4 cup): 4 pts
Broccoli and carrots (cooked): 0 pt
Butter (in rice): 1pt

Snack: 
Fat free pudding: 2 pts
Whole wheat soda crackers (6): 2 pts

Day's total: 30 pts



No comments:

Post a Comment